FLL UAE, was held for the first time ever on 29th of October 2016, in Emirates National School – Al Rahmaniya, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates. The First LEGO League challenge for the 2015-16 theme called “Trash Trek” includes a real-world problem such as food safety, recycling, energy, where students are challenged to develop a solution and design, build, program a robot using LEGO MINDSTORMS® technology, then compete on a table-top playing field. The challenge is composed of up to ten children aged 9 to 16, with at least two screened lead coaches.
What is FIRST LEGO League?
Tomorrow’s innovators practice imaginative thinking and teamwork. Guided by adult Coaches, FIRST LEGO League teams research a real-world problem such as food safety, recycling, energy, etc., and are challenged to develop a solution. They also must design, build, program a robot using LEGO MINDSTORMS® technology, then compete on a table-top playing field.
It all adds up to tons of fun while they learn to apply science, technology, engineering, and math concepts (STEM), plus a big dose of imagination, to solve a problem. Along their discovery journey, they develop critical thinking and team-building skills, basic STEM applications, and even presentation skills, as they must present their solutions with a dash of creativity to judges. They also practice the Program’s signature Core Values.
Proven, verifiable impact!
The positive impact FIRST LEGO League has on participants is gratifying and well documented. Over 88% are more interested in doing well in school, and 87% have more interest in attending college.
FIRST LEGO League teams get to:
– Research challenges facing today’s scientists
– Design, build, test and program robots using LEGO® MINDSTORMS® technology
– Apply real-world math and science concepts
– Learn critical thinking, team-building, and presentation skills
– Participate in tournaments and celebrations
– Understand and practice Gracious Professionalism®
Registration Open for FLL & FLL Jr. UAE 2017
- For FIRST Lego League Jr: Team members should not be less than 2 and more than 6 , and they must be between Age Group 6 yrs to 10 yrs.
• For FIRST Lego League . : Team members should not be less than 4 and more than 10 , and they must be between Age Group 9 yrs to 16 yrs.
• A coach should be there to train the students, and mentor to manage them.
• Check the rules and any other announcements which might be send to your email address.
Registration open for FIRST Lego League & FIRST Lego League Jr.
- The Registration close date is 28th February 2017.
How to Participate
- Click on Registration
2. Enter your details with valid E Mail Address
3. Verify your E Mail (Click on Verification Link received in your inbox)
4. Log In again with your Team Number & Password received in Verification mail
5. Select your Category either FLL or FLL Jr.
6. Enter details related to coaches & Team members
7. Pay registration Fee as per the category selected
** FIRST LEGO League Registration fee : AED 550/- (Without FLL Challenge Set Animal Allies)
: AED 1,160/- (With FLL Challenge Set Animal Allies)
** FIRST Lego League Jr. Registration fee: AED 390/-
(* Note: Registration fees is different for FLL & FLL Jr.)
8. Start Preparing…. All the Best..!!!